In a big country like India, a plethora of mega consumer brands have now established themselves in the domestic appliances and white goods market, for the ultimate benefit of the customer.
So, when buyers come to buy a domestic appliance, there exists much confusion in their minds about the durability and reliability of the brand in question.
India Consumer Electronics & Home Appliances
Hence, this article attempts to clear the doubts by describing some of the best brands that exist in the country. Let’s go ahead and discuss some of the most popular home appliance companies in India.
- Having entered the Indian market in the late 80s, this American brand has grown rapidly in the country. It is a reputed manufacturer of white goods and home appliances such as washing machines, refrigerators and air conditioners.
- This Korean company is one of the best brands in the world. It is a reputed manufacturer of cooking appliances, washing machines, air conditioners, televisions, and refrigerators.
- This is a global Chinese brand that was setup in 1984. It’s Indian arm Haier Appliances India Pvt. Ltd is headquartered in New Delhi. The company has over 33 operational facilities in the country including a manufacturing facility in Pune. Haier manufactures some of the best-in-class home appliances like refrigerators, washing Machines, TVs, air conditioners, water heaters, and ovens.
- This is a South Korean multinational electronics company that sells a plethora of electronic gadgets and devices that appeal to the youth. The company is popular throughout the world and is a well-established company in the Indian market. The company’s products like televisions, refrigerators, washing machines, dishwashers, cooking appliances, vacuum cleaners, air conditioners, and others are very popular in the Indian market.
- Godrej is the brand name of the Indian based company Godrej & Boyce Ltd. Godrej is credited with manufacturing the first ever Indian refrigerator in 1958. Besides, its other products like washing machines, air conditioning equipment and a complete range of CFC-HCFC- and HFC-free refrigerators are already making waves in the Indian market.
- This is yet another great Indian brand that has started operations in India in 1974 in collaboration with Hienrich Schmid AG of Switzerland. Its extremely versatile products include front load washing machines and dishwashers. Many customers consider this company to be the best brand for home appliances.
- This company, which is of German origin has launched an impressive portfolio of products in India through its home appliances division. The company’s products are targeted at the upwardly mobile generation in India. The company’s portfolio consists of a premium range of home appliances such as washing machines, dishwashers, refrigerators, and dryers. The home appliances range also consists of kitchen appliances such as hobs, ovens, chimneys, and microwaves.
- This company, which is a Tata Enterprise, is amongst the oldest and most popular companies in India. Its speciality lies in cooling and engineering solutions. The company, which was founded in 1954, also offers industrial cooling solutions along with heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration systems to a wide domestic commercial and industrial base.
- This company is among the best in the world when it comes to technology in the home appliances market. Commencing operations in India in the 1930s, the company focuses on manufacturing room air conditioners, refrigerators, LED projectors, and LED televisions.
- This company, which was founded in the year 1938, is headquartered in Mumbai, India. The company offers a wide range of products that includes home appliances, fans, lighting, and engineering products. The company has over 19 branch offices in the country with over 1000 distributors, 4000 authorized dealers, over 400,000 retail outlets and over 282 customer care centers. This makes the company one of the top consumer durable companies in the country.
Most Popular Home Appliances Companies in India
In this article, we have discussed some of the most popular brands for home appliances. Certainly, there is no doubt that consumer appliances in India have come a long way. This makes India the preferred market for consumer electronics & home appliances amongst its population.